The inaugural golf tournament is set to impress visitors from February 18th – 21st, 2016, at the Royal Selangor Golf Club (RSGC).
|rejuvinated RSGC for Maybank Championship come in crowds to witness Asians taking the world|
Things to do at the Maybank Championship Malaysia:
- Celebrity Chef: There will be more than golf on the plate at the Maybank Championship Malaysia 2016 as renowned International Celebrity Chef Anis Nabilah will be hosting an exclusive cooking demonstration of the first signature Championship sandwich for an international golfing event in Asia. Visitors are invited for this exclusive demonstration on the 20th of February, 12 noon at the Championship Village and the sandwich will also be made available for purchase throughout the four-day event. Fans will be given the opportunity to take photos and get autographs of their favourite Malaysia chef.
- The mural: For the first time a golf tournament in Malaysia will be featuring a graffiti piece by Malaysia’s leading graffiti artist Mohd Zaki b. Nordin or better known as Escapeva. His work spurs colorful imagination and his ability to combine different elements in the characters of his graffiti is top notch. Escapeva will be creating a special mural inspired by the Maybank’s brand mark the “Tiger” and the piece will be on display at the Royal Selangor Golf Club (RSGC).
- Championship Village: One of the key focal points of the tournament will be the Championship Village that is open to all visitors, with food stalls, a great view of the game and a host of fun activities. Visitors can also cool themselves with ice cream by McDonald’s or enjoy a sweet treat by Krispy Kreme at the Championship Village.
- Public Grandstand: Worried about the heat? Maybank has prepared a special air-conditioned marquee for visitors to stay cool with a spectacular view of the game from the 18th hole. F&B will be available for purchase at this marquee.
- Fan Zone: Fans will get to meet and greet the players at this area and stand a chance to take a photo and get an autograph of their favourite golfer. Instagram photo booths will be made available for fans to get their Instagram posts printed on the spot as a memorabilia or for autographs.
- The Trophy: On display will be the Maybank Championship Malaysia trophy that 156 players will be vying for. The one-of-a-kind masterpiece made of pewter was conceptualised by Maybank and created by the Royal Selangor, is a modern sculptural art form of the “Tiger”, an eminent symbol of Maybank.
- Yoga Sessions: Calling all yogis! Leading sports apperal brand, Under Armour will be hosting a series of yoga sessions with renowed yoga instructors Atilia Haron and Hansen Lee. These exclusive session will take place on Saturday, 20th February from at the Championship Village.
- Golf Simulator: Put your swing to the test, virtually that is. Be it a beginner or a seasoned golfer, this technologically advanced golf system is set to challenge your game.( but do not expect to be a champion)
- R.I.S.E: Proceeds for every purchase made at the R.I.S.E. Foundation booth will go to the Reach Independence and Sustainable Entrepreneurship (R.I.S.E.) programme that empowers handicap business owners.